The Clerk of Court is pleased to offer a variety of online services. Below is a brief description to each search engine.
Subscription Service - This service provides access to Court Dockets and documents recorded in the Official Records that are not available for public inspection on the Internet.
MyFloridaCounty.com - This site offers the added advantage of State searching for Official Records and document ordering, a service of Florida's Clerks of Court. Official Records are defined (s. 28.001, F.S.) as those instruments (documents) required or authorized to be recorded in one general series called "Official Records" at the county level. Searches may be made by specific county, judicial circuit, region or statewide.
Online Search -
Board Agenda and Minutes - Minutes of the Citrus County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) meetings from 1999 through the current year are available for online access solely as a convenience to the public. Minutes appearing on the Clerk's website are not to be considered the official public record, and are considered a "draft" until approved by the BOCC. BOCC meeting agendas and all back-up documentation is available one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
Official Records - The eRecording service provides a means for all Official Records to be electronically filed by using a third-party vendor application. Customers can review documents and receive immediate confirmation once their documents have been accepted.
- Tax Deed Search - The Clerk presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. We have tried to ensure that the information contained in this electronic search system is accurate. The Clerk makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the responsibility of the user. The user is advised to search all possible spelling variations of proper names, in order to maximize search results. The Citrus County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein.
- Tax Deed Sales - The tax deed auction is conducted electronically by the Clerk of the Circuit Court at https://www.citrus.realtaxdeed.com/index.cfm and is open to the public. The property is auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Deed Restrictions - The Clerk offers an online Restriction index at a convenience record to the public. Historically, this information was hand-written into a log for customers to easily search. Unfortunately, when performing manual tasks over a span of 30 plus years, omissions may occur. The Clerk is not responsible for any omissions or errors contained in this log.
- Plat Maps - Use this service when you are interested in searching only plat maps. If you only know part of the subdivision name, enter what you have and a listing of all plats that contain that word will appear. Plats can be searched in the Official Record as well but this is faster.
- Value Adjustment Board - Disputing the assessed value from which property tax is calculated falls under the VAB. Taxpayers can access forms and file a dispute through electronic petition, and make application fee payments.
Court Records - The Clerk of Court provides access to public records while working closely with filers to ensure the protection of confidential or exempt information from public inspection. Convenience must be carefully balanced against protection as determined by the Florida Legislature, and in some circumstances by the Court, through a legal process of sealing the record.
- eFiling - In 2013, the Supreme Court of Florida issued an administrative order, which mandated attorneys to electronically submit all of their court documents. E-filers can now use a statewide portal built by the Florida Clerk of Court and Comptrollers. Florida's e-Filing service is now one of the most advanced, and efforts are underway to provide services to the unrepresented through a simple filing method.
- Criminal Court Dockets - The Court Docket schedule for all criminal cases are available online. Customers can search by court date and by Judge only. All dockets for civil cases are not available online.
- Online Foreclosure Sales - Foreclosed property sales are held online, offering conveniences such as 24/7 online access, an auto-bidding feature, simultaneous multi-property bidding, and access to other online resources such as the Property Appraiser, Tax Collector, and other statewide foreclosure and tax deed sale websites.
- Online Juror Excusal - If you are requesting to be excused from Jury Duty, pursuant to the State of Florida guidelines for disqualification and/or excusal, you may submit an online juror excusal form. Request for excusal must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to your expected reporting date.
Special Assessments - The BOCC established a program to assist residential property owners to acquire water and sewer or road improvements for their communities. The county constructs the requested improvements and assesses the benefited property owners their pro-rata share of the costs. The special assessment budgets reflect the construction of the improvements or payment of the assessment.
Fee Schedule - The Clerk has an outlined structure of all fees and service charges, pursuant to Florida Statutes.
Financial Reports - The CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) is the annual financial statement for Citrus County, Florida. It is prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and contains information about the primary government; other entities for which the County is financially accountable and those entities having such a relationship with the County that omitting them would cause the financial statements to be misleading.